The Berlin deaf sports club , more than a century
The berlin deaf swimming club was founded originally in 1900, by the name of “Berlin deaf-mute swimming-club”.
In 1925 the water polo department was founded. Quickly the deaf water polo players had a good position against the hearing teams in league games. The first deaf -game against the deaf-sports club Leipzig, on May 30th 1930, was lost 2:5. In the first international deaf-competition, on the 21. of August 1937 in Budapest against Hungary, the berlin team won 9:1. After the re founding of the BTSV 1900 , the BTSV-ladies had two friendly games against the ladies of the Hamburg deaf-sports-club in the hanseatic town and won 13:3 in total.
The Berlin team won in the german deaf-water-polo-championchips repeatedly and were champions in 1972, 1973, 1975 till 1979 and 1984 till 1999 and german deaf-cup-champions in 1972, 1974, 1977 till 1980, 1984 till 1986, 1988 till 1990 and 1999.
With there countless achievements, the Berlin players are the kings in all the water pools and known throughout Europe. A couple of players of the german deaf-sports-club, who won the bronze medal at the deaf-world-championchips in Helsinki 1961, in Bukarest 1977 and in Cologne 1981, were from Berlin.